"From High Heels to Training Wheels"

I'm a woman on the threshold of 40, a stay-at-home mother, a small business owner, an artist, and practitioner of sustainable living. I believe a woman can be fabulous at any time during the course of her life journey, and wear various hats at any given moment. I invite my readers to stop in, catch up on the latest of what transpires weekly. Various topics to cover, as each day is an adventure!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Heralding a Frost for Tonight

We are surely in the midst of Autumn. The weather forecast for overnight is talking a frost, the first official for the season-? I feel as though I'm starting to settle into the next two and a half months before the Winter Solstice, once again picking up the gauntlett of organizing and facing the welcome challenges of change. I feel the urgency of my summer nature to run and play, yet also feel the indulgence of hibernation trying to set in. How does this Momma Bear hibernate with the high energy cubs running underfoot? Perhaps it more about the shift from one season of activities to the next season and what it has to offer for activities.
The online classes I've started taking are starting to settle in for me; I worked on notes and reading last night for my Autism 101 class, along with picking up what I needed to get started with Behavior Management 101 class. The third class I've signed up for is about Special Education; these three classes work together, feeding information for me in the months to come. I have six months to complete these courses but I don't foresee it taking that long to do so. Thursdays are set aside to turn in class assignments, take quizzes, and take a small break before starting the next lesson in the plan. So far, I'm liking what I'm doing.
Yes, if you've guessed by now, I'm into another schedule of sorts to make things work here on the homestead. Appointments, errands, seasonal changes and temporary completion of gardening, along with trying to move into the list of things I want to tackle; I've learned to make a short list and a long list of things to focus on. What I like about doing things this way? My short list is about immediate and high priority goals. My long list is about long term goals. After making the decision to truly examine my life, my goals, etc....it made sense to do so. I'm in my second week of working with this new concept (its new to me), and so far, so good.
Another rainy day, another day to clean a little deeper. I'm waiting for the sunshine so I can take my boys to the park, let them run around and tire out; maybe I need to run around to tire out. But my mom gene will kick on, and I'll be running on auto-pilot. Oh boy....
So, as we move deeper into Autumn, and we transition from the high level energy run of enjoying the good weather and into the moments of contemplation and reflection, do we fall off the tree like the leaves? I'd like to think I drop my summer green to embrace the red and gold of my inquisitive nature. I'm embracing the meaning of letting go and loosen my grip of control on matters that are out of my hands. Perhaps I'm learning something of value for another time yet to come. My life plans are in front of me but its by Divine Design. Buddha said to go with the flow of the river instead of fighting the current-not quite the exact words but its what I remember from the days of walking the grounds of the Temple area in the town where I grew up and my grandparents live. Grafton Peace Pagoda....a place of contemplation and reflection. Have a great day and a splendid week before we meet again to chat. ~Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment