"From High Heels to Training Wheels"

I'm a woman on the threshold of 40, a stay-at-home mother, a small business owner, an artist, and practitioner of sustainable living. I believe a woman can be fabulous at any time during the course of her life journey, and wear various hats at any given moment. I invite my readers to stop in, catch up on the latest of what transpires weekly. Various topics to cover, as each day is an adventure!

Monday, September 26, 2011

Stop, Breathe, Refocus

September is almost over; we are now in the final week of this season-changing month. Lots of things change in September, or so it seems, other than the season and its weather patterns. Its a time for reflection, remembering, preparing. Today, I resign myself to doing just that.
Over the weekend, a friend and somewhat of a co-worker passed away. I've not seen this person in over five years. I had received a friends request from his wife awhile back on FB, and only accepted that request about a couple of weeks ago. Did I wait too long? Perhaps I could have answered earlier. I could sit here and beat myself up while writing this post, but I also know that with my train of thought, nothing happens by chance. I responded when I was supposed to. I'm not one focused on luck, chance, or coincidence. I've always believed there is purpose and reason why things happen in the time that they do.
Over that last couple of weeks, I've been tired. Zachary is teething, which I think is starting to calm down a little bit. Thankfully. Nights have been patchy with sleep, soothing a little one to sleep for himself, let alone try to catch a few winks for myself. That tired feeling has followed me throughout some of my days, and there's a list of things for me to tackle to catch up with. It feels almost like most days are catch up days lately.
We have been handed a diagnosis of Autism for Tristan. Paperwork, appointments, and phone calls have commenced over the last couple of weeks. He will be attending preschool as soon as we have everything in place that he needs; this should be in the next couple of weeks, provided I keep pushing for what he needs. I will continue to homeschool, as a supplement. I will say no more today for this piece of information; it would encompass a post in itself.
Today is my day to do what is needed, making the most of the time set aside for fun with my boys, and to go with the flow. Time to empty my churning mind and be ok with non-perfection. With that said, I will sign off early to move ahead with my day to spend more time with my children. So, remember, take time to stop, breathe, and refocus. Be ok with taking a moment to feel the warmth of the sun on your face, smell the scents of the season, listen to the laughter of small children, and embrace life for every moment it presents. ~Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment