"From High Heels to Training Wheels"

I'm a woman on the threshold of 40, a stay-at-home mother, a small business owner, an artist, and practitioner of sustainable living. I believe a woman can be fabulous at any time during the course of her life journey, and wear various hats at any given moment. I invite my readers to stop in, catch up on the latest of what transpires weekly. Various topics to cover, as each day is an adventure!

Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday in September

The seasons are changing; the heat is on here in the house, our preparations to close up windows to avoid escaping warmth has begun. One transition signals another, and life continues to move along at its pace. Coffee in hand, warm quick breads and muffins for breakfast. I love this time of year; not too hot, not too cold. Just right, Goldielocks.
My mind is filled once again today, seems to be so each morning. Maybe I need a dream catcher to suck up some of the dust of thinking but I believe those only work on dreams; at least that's what I've always been told. My ambition list looms in front of me, and my desire to procrastinate battles for top spot. Time to enforce meditation, for sure.
Tristan is starting a new class on Sunday through our church. I'm excited about it because of the Montessori approach to learning and being present in the room. I feel he'll do well once he and the other kiddos settle into how the hour goes and what they will come to learn each week. I'll be with him during the hour, more so as a classroom aide to assist with the teachers and the other children; I don't want to hover with Tristan but as his mother, being there to help will give me the opportunity watch how he'll grow. Observation without making it look like observation.
Speaking of classes, our local library is offering free, non-credit courses (through the state's department of libraries). As a member of the library, I can sign up for as many classes as I want, and they give you six months to complete the courses. I signed up for two, just to give it a shot. I figure it gives me an idea of what to expect with online learning, especially as I am ambitious to go back to school but really can only do it online. This could be good.
Yeah, I sound like someone putting alot of pokers in the fire of my life, but as each day comes, as time unfolds how my boys learn and how I adjust to meeting their needs, I find time to add. I also have been finding those moments to subtract. I'm scaling back on my time with Facebook, which I've really not been there all that often lately. Between doing new things with the boys, getting ready to close up gardens and move into new activities for the colder months to come, I'm just not finding the desire to go there like before. I have other ways to keep in touch with people, which I find refreshing. Change is good. I'm also getting more involved with other moms I'm meeting in the local area, so my focus is changing yet again. Like I said, change is good.
Well, the bell for my time is ringing; that would be Zachary giving me the cue he needs me. So, here's to Fridays and the potential for what they hold for each of us. ~Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment