"From High Heels to Training Wheels"

I'm a woman on the threshold of 40, a stay-at-home mother, a small business owner, an artist, and practitioner of sustainable living. I believe a woman can be fabulous at any time during the course of her life journey, and wear various hats at any given moment. I invite my readers to stop in, catch up on the latest of what transpires weekly. Various topics to cover, as each day is an adventure!

Monday, September 19, 2011

Four Days Before The Equinox

Another Monday in September here. Four days before the Autumnal Equinox, and lots to do. Good thing today is a catch up/relaxed type of day for the boys and I. I try to keep Mondays and Fridays as days where we can make plans but go with the flow and not worry if we didn't follow the day to the letter. Not every day should be so regimented that you can't have changes that you can't deal with. My guys are good about routines and in the swing of going with the flow; a change here and there is not bad and they bounce along with it. If its a complete disaster of a day, there's crying and tantrums. Right now, they're playing with trains, dabbling with breakfast.
Its another list day. Make a running list of things to do but with the intention of spreading it out over the week so as not to feel overwhelmed by it all. I'm also starting a mental list of writing topics, as I notice my posts here are starting to look like "Dear Diary......" Schedule, darling, schedule. Its ok for me to set a schedule for myself and keep myself in check with my day; just keep it fun for the boys. And remember, have fun with them while they're having fun, Momma. Its so important.
Even though I'm early with my post, I'm keeping it short so I can keep up with my day today. I love to sit and empty my head in the mornings, its a relief from thinking all day and half the night. Just as much as I love to sit and write, as I've learned to work it into my day, I love to get moving and get things done to be able to go do the things we love to do best: have fun. My boys will not be little forever, and there will come a day when they may shy away from me hugging and kissing them in public. They will grow and one day not want me to kiss the boo-boo's and reassure them that it's all good. Ahhh.....being a parent is a committment. Sometimes, it feels like a thankless job you're not getting paid for. Yet, I would never take it back. I would never change my mind about being a mom. I love my boys.
So, here's to today and the smiles with laughter. The endless possibilities of what and where, how and why. Make each day count, live today like its your last day. ~Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment