"From High Heels to Training Wheels"

I'm a woman on the threshold of 40, a stay-at-home mother, a small business owner, an artist, and practitioner of sustainable living. I believe a woman can be fabulous at any time during the course of her life journey, and wear various hats at any given moment. I invite my readers to stop in, catch up on the latest of what transpires weekly. Various topics to cover, as each day is an adventure!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Catching Up and Diving In, Part Two

Here I am, another day of catch up; not so bad this time, as I won't have several days to cram into one. Just a day or two to cram into one. Seems like it might be easier, no? Well, there have been some changes here at home that are showing the benefits-even in this early stage-of organization. Maybe being a little more organized isn't so bad....
This week, I've started a trial run on a daily schedule. Getting up in the early AM hours with my little one, Zachary. He's an early bird, and when he wakes up with a smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye, you know he's ready to rock and roll for the day. Wish I could wake up like that; thinking back, I've never been much of a morning person. So, I get up by 6 or 6:15 AM at the latest. Coffee on, working through breakfast, lunch for my mate to take to work, going over the plans for the day. One on one time with Zach, my surface cleaning in 30 mins, and by this time, Tristan has gotten up and we're all crowded around to find out what's new in the world through the local news channel. Daddy off to work, the boys and I move forward with the day. I sit to write, get interrupted here and there, but its all good. Shower and dress for the day, get the boys dressed. School time for Tristan, then onto free play and good times with both. Lunch around the noon hour, relax and reading while munching. An hour of quiet time, regardless of naps or no naps. Dinner prep after the hour is up, play time with the boys (if they're awake), and then dinner for them; they like to eat between 4:15 and 5:30 PM at the latest. I try to grab a bite to eat with them, along with any clean up that I didn't do in the morning-sometimes, the living room is such a wreck from playing that I feel the need for a mini bulldozer to clear it all out. Big dinner when the man gets home, clean up while the boys get their time with Daddy. Play time with the boys, bathes to follow. Moving toward that magic hour of settling down for the night, stories to read and drawing the curtains for the day. Then, one by one, eyes begin to close, mouths heavy with yawns....sometimes, I'm right along with them to fall asleep. Otherwise, then it becomes my time to work. I have a two hour block of time to work on writing, sewing, fiber arts (knitting and what have you), or to just read some nights. If I choose knitting, then I can sit and catch a movie with my mate. In the real world, I pass out alongside Tristan while I'm reading extra bedtime stories but my goal is to be able to work for a bit before bedtime. And now that my mate has some heavy duty studying to start up this month, it will have to become a ritual for us to get our focus on. Team motivation....it could work.....
So, there's my day. Did you fall asleep while the credits were rolling? Was it all a blur? Well, today we're a busy lot here. I have two weeks of menus to plug into Word and print off, new paper to hang. Pics to take of it and post here for my next talk on menu planning and shopping. We're having a rainy day today, so I have to set things up so we can have our rainy day play and a movie. I have to shop for raincoats for my kids so we can go out in the rain instead of staying inside; when I was growing up, there were few days I was inside to play. And my boys love to be outside, regardless of the weather. I may have to do Red Bull shots to stay awake tonight-joking-so I can work on something tonight. Which reminds me that I need to set up a list of things needed to be worked on, that way I can prioritize and pick away at. "How Does She Do It All?" is a movie I'm going to have to see. That's my life, even if I work from home and not away in some office somewhere. Here's to busy, rainy, catch up days and to the women who do too much on a daily basis. May our insane motivation to conquer the world continue. ~Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment