"From High Heels to Training Wheels"

I'm a woman on the threshold of 40, a stay-at-home mother, a small business owner, an artist, and practitioner of sustainable living. I believe a woman can be fabulous at any time during the course of her life journey, and wear various hats at any given moment. I invite my readers to stop in, catch up on the latest of what transpires weekly. Various topics to cover, as each day is an adventure!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Day After a Good Rant

Another morning of overcast, drizzle, and cool temps. Supposed to warm up and burn off with sunshine sometime today, which will be a blessing when it gets here.
Yesterday, I had a moment to rant. I believe, and I'm sure there are others who would feel the same, I had reason to do so. I don't go around ranting about politics and/or religion but when I see something that doesn't look or sound right, I speak up. I start out with scanning the irratation, roll my eyes up at it, ignore it, delete it, and then it just gets settled under my skin like a tick. That's when I have to voice and clear my mind. Now that I've done so, its cleared my mind to refocus where I need to be. Appointments, errands, emails, phone calls, etc....to have to tackle, aside from the daily tasks of housekeeping, homeschooling, and trying to make time for the list of "not a top priority" things to take on. The day in the life of the typical yet not typical SAHM (stay-at-home-mom).
I've still a bit of tasks to complete today, an appointment in the afternoon. My nights have been settled with a good book I'm trying to finish reading, aside from thinking about how nice it would be to get into my sewing projects. I'm hell-bent to dive in. I'll get there, I'm sure of it.
The bell is going off to move to the next level of my day, which encompasses a shower, getting the boys dressed for the day, school stuff with Tristan, and hopefully a nap for Zach. A semi-deep clean of the living room, and hopefully something fun for the boys to do today. Starting dinner around 2 pm, letting that cook while focused on whatever it is I need to at that time. So, ladies, as we move along with the day, remember to stay flexible. Last minute changes won't seem so heavy while carrying today's load. ~Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment