"From High Heels to Training Wheels"

I'm a woman on the threshold of 40, a stay-at-home mother, a small business owner, an artist, and practitioner of sustainable living. I believe a woman can be fabulous at any time during the course of her life journey, and wear various hats at any given moment. I invite my readers to stop in, catch up on the latest of what transpires weekly. Various topics to cover, as each day is an adventure!

Monday, September 12, 2011

At It Again

Sometimes, I think Monday comes too quickly. Here we are, another week started and already in the midst of catch up and diving in headfirst for the busy week ahead. Errands, appointments, places to go....sometimes, it seems like it never ends. Today is a catch up day, along with prepping for the rest of the week. Household tasks, a soap order to fill, and best of all, to make sure my boys have fun today. If anything counts the most, its how I make use of the day for them. Everything else is peanuts.
My youngest sister's dad placed a soap order late last week, and its today to put it together and send him the details per email. Once I get his payment, then I can send it to him. Not a bad way to get back into business. I've been thinking how to get going again, and the order I fill today just may be the ticket. When nights of teething and days of high energy cloud your brain with hyperactive fuzz, you have a tendency to run on auto-pilot.
I'm back on my reading list again. I say "list", even though its actually "lists." Research & writing list, spiritually inspiring, and leisure. Add one more? No. Oh, wait. I do have another to add. Hereditary craft. Baby on one hip, nose in a book, stirring a pot on the stove, schooling a preschooler....picturesque. My new crafting list is starting with sewing, one of my favorite past times. I'm actually getting into learning to pattern, something I never really got into. Good a time as any, I suppose. I will be photographing this new "poker in the fire," so stay tuned. I'm excited.
I went to AC MOORE last night for their moonlight madness sale and won a $15 gift card while there. Set me up to pick up a few things, even though I was only there to pick up yarn that someone else bought before I got there. Poo, I thought. Then, I realized that it was ok to miss out on that opportunity and create space and an open mind for what I did pick up while there. Tracing paper and a set of pencils just for pattern making, knitting needles and a crochet hook that light up-yes, I said light up-clearance yarn to make a pillow for the sofa, and a Paula Deen recipe journal (make your own cookbook?). Not a bad shopping experience. And of course, coupons for the next week to two weeks.
My mind is swirling with ideas and thoughts, almost like a traffic jam in NYC. Horns beeping, drivers shouting out windows. Everyone wants to be heard....no, my name is not Cybil. Just the typical thinking woman; always thinking. My surface cleaning is done for the morning, my boys eating breakfast, coffee in one hand while checking my post for errors. I'm itching to get started on new things, finish the unfinished, and somehow find the time to breathe and keep me going to keep everyone and everything else going; if I don't take care of me, how do I take care of everyone else? Self care is so important.
So, with that in mind, let's get this party started for the week. We're off and running like a shot out of a gun. And if I play my cards right, I might get a couple of little ones to relax this afternoon. There's always hope. ~Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment