"From High Heels to Training Wheels"

I'm a woman on the threshold of 40, a stay-at-home mother, a small business owner, an artist, and practitioner of sustainable living. I believe a woman can be fabulous at any time during the course of her life journey, and wear various hats at any given moment. I invite my readers to stop in, catch up on the latest of what transpires weekly. Various topics to cover, as each day is an adventure!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Play Day

We've been waiting for today to come. Sunshine & temps in the 70's, therefore pushing for some time at the park. We'll take lunch along to stay and enjoy the good weather. My boys are craving the need to use the excess energy they've got exploding at the seams of their little bodies. If you're the mother of boys, you know what I'm touching on. And if you are the mother of girls who have the same extrovert qualities, I've been there as a child, so hang onto your seat.
Play days are good to have. Makes for all the time of brainstorming, task tackling, and seemingly endless hours of the ever revolving "To Do List" consume our days as multi-taskers. As I can only truly speak for myself, I have to keep in mind that when I take my boys to the park, its to play, enjoy the good weather, and to have fun. The mental list of things yet to be done can wait. Take pictures, kick that ball, swing on those swings, slide down those slides. Provided the ground is dry, roll in the grass. Is this as easy as I write? No. I become caught up in my thoughts of things to do, places to go, people to talk to, etc...I admit it. I believe there is many a mother who knows this for herself, too. Dads do it, too.
As we approach the marker of 60 degrees before 8:30 am, I feel that need to sign off, get ready for the day, and the best part: have fun. So, here's to our wild Wednesday and to having fun. Embrace the child within you to appreciate the days your children have before they become adults; time waits for no one.
~Momma

"A time to dream
A time to plan,
Time essential
To every man."
-AGS

No comments:

Post a Comment