"From High Heels to Training Wheels"

I'm a woman on the threshold of 40, a stay-at-home mother, a small business owner, an artist, and practitioner of sustainable living. I believe a woman can be fabulous at any time during the course of her life journey, and wear various hats at any given moment. I invite my readers to stop in, catch up on the latest of what transpires weekly. Various topics to cover, as each day is an adventure!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tuesday with a Twist

Tuesday greets us with the same beauty of Monday, only difference is the day in the week. I'll take it. Today is my task oriented day, with a twist. And as a mom of two budding boys of endless energy, my days always have a twist-or two-in them. Wouldn't be a normal day if it didn't. Oh yeah, there's the dog, too. Thinks he's human sometimes....
After the waters have receded in our basement, the aftermath of cleanup detail comes to rear its ugly head. Mother's Day weekend I self-diagnosed, which was a surprise to me for what I was to discover. I'm still spinning in shock from my discovery, which is probably the reason why this new disease hasn't taken over completely. I've been hit with the organizing bug. Yeap, that's right. I'm on a mission to discover why I have all the "stuff" I possess. I don't plan on doing any psychoanalysis over it but hey, stranger things happen at times. What I can also tell you is that it isn't consuming my life just yet; I don't own a label maker.
Yesterday was filled with gardening, laughter, fun, and that last minute "OH MY GOD! I DIDN'T START LAUNDRY THIS MORNING!!" Ok, so I went a little overboard with gardening but it was time spent with my boys. We went for a walk, had lunch and naps. I spent time with Sid, our mini Schnauzer, while dead heading my Rhodies & trimming bushes. Yeah, I'm a garden junkie....I think I traded my shoe fetish of long ago before kids woman to now being concerned about the food supply and what I can do about it here at home. Urban farmer in the making...
Totes, office organizing accessories, markers, paper, page protectors and tape-I'm packing a type of heat that is overlooked until your "stuff" starts calling out to you. I am ready to face the wall of "stuff" today. I'm a yarn harlot, fabric floosey, book b*@%h, garden guru, and the list of acronyms could keep going if it wasn't for the fact my writing morning moment is almost up. Yeap, set aside time in the mornings to clear my head before jumping into my day. Perhaps, once my youngest decides to sleep all night and let me sleep, I can make the choice to rise earlier in the mornings, give myself time for and to myself before taking on the role of chef, maid, laundry slinger, coach, teacher, etc....you know, the stay-at-home mom role.

"Teach us to use wisely all the time we have." ~Psalm 90:12

~Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment