"From High Heels to Training Wheels"

I'm a woman on the threshold of 40, a stay-at-home mother, a small business owner, an artist, and practitioner of sustainable living. I believe a woman can be fabulous at any time during the course of her life journey, and wear various hats at any given moment. I invite my readers to stop in, catch up on the latest of what transpires weekly. Various topics to cover, as each day is an adventure!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wingin' it on a Wednesday

I gotta tell ya, I'm lovin' this weather this week. Best week we've had in a very long, long time. Warmth from the sun, trees that have been budding are now starting to slowly unfold their leaves. Grasses green, flowers in bloom. Gardens in progress for produce growing for the summer months to come. Life is good.
Today is our creative day here at home. Candied mint leaves-yum....the directions call to make a simple syrup but I'm going to substitute with maple syrup-a Vermonter's touch. I found this project in a book I picked up for my preschooler. "Growing Up Green." This month, and on into June, we will be gardening and bringing sustainable living into action. What better way to learn at such an age the importance of living off of what you grow, making the most of what you need, and cutting back on what you don't really need. Plus, its good for the planet. Yeah, tree hugging hippy mom. That's me.
I look up at where our mail sits to remember I didn't organize this spot yesterday. Blame it on the laundry-omg, there was at least two weeks of it and took me a full 24 hr time frame to plow through. Glad that's done with. I could care if I ever look at another sock without its mate. That is, until the next day I have to load the washer....
So, here's to a wild Wednesday. My wild woman instincts are telling me to keep track of the mental list of things to do and make room for the flexibility of change. Don't be rigid with the day, as each moment that comes our way is to be savored, not picked apart to find out "what's wrong with it." Yes, some circumstances need closer examination but when you harbor on that for longer than necessary, you lose those priceless moments you'll never get back. Cheers!
~Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment