"From High Heels to Training Wheels"

I'm a woman on the threshold of 40, a stay-at-home mother, a small business owner, an artist, and practitioner of sustainable living. I believe a woman can be fabulous at any time during the course of her life journey, and wear various hats at any given moment. I invite my readers to stop in, catch up on the latest of what transpires weekly. Various topics to cover, as each day is an adventure!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

When Life Hands You Lemons...

Tuesday morning starts with a bang. Better sleep last night for my boys and maybe a little better for myself. Its kind of like that statement about catching yourself snoring. You try to wake up to hear yourself and after a night of stops & starts, you only end up tired from trying like crazy to find out. Yeah, its my mom brain talking here....
Today is my task master day. I made my list-rough draft-yesterday and today refining it. Of course, working on the list as well. A list-rough draft or final product does no good if you don't work on it. Kind of like winning the lottery; you have to actually buy a ticket to play to be in the running to win. Yesterday's tasks-minus my desire to sew after the kids went to bed-were completed. Today I had a pocket of opportunity for whatever became possible. Well, the water returning to our basement made a puddle in my pocket. Don't discount this domestic executive officer, though. I have a routine set up to keep a hand on basement patrol, have the day with my boys, and manage to make time for myself; this is with all the other domestic tasks I have on my mental list. Yeah, a woman and her lists...
I did mention sewing. Yes, I love to sew. Anything creative that results in an end product drives me. Drives me crazy sometimes but is worth the insanity of listening to the hum of a sewing machine, feel the pull of thread through fabric as a pattern unfolds, the taste of tea-warm & soothing or iced & refreshing-as a project is invested upon, and the scent of the seasons flavor the sight and wonder as the creative juices manifest into the tangible. Sewing is also a part of my business, and I am glad to have a new machine to get me back into business. I feel driven today; I'm going to run with it. Today's projects? One unfinished personal project and rough drafting cloth diapers. Posting and pics to come at another date.
So, even with the rain falling today, the water seeping into my basement, the tasks at hand, my gardens are popping with life, my boys trusting me with every moment of their lives, keep this in mind. When life hands you lemons, pull the pin and throw them like hand grenades. Just because you smell s@#t don't take it as a sign of bad things. Afterall, it can become fertilizer if you stand up wind. If you do find yourself standing down wind, not to worry. Remember, its fodder for your life's passion.

~Momma

"This rule in gardening never forget,
To sow dry and set wet."
-Old Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment