"From High Heels to Training Wheels"

I'm a woman on the threshold of 40, a stay-at-home mother, a small business owner, an artist, and practitioner of sustainable living. I believe a woman can be fabulous at any time during the course of her life journey, and wear various hats at any given moment. I invite my readers to stop in, catch up on the latest of what transpires weekly. Various topics to cover, as each day is an adventure!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tuesday after the weekend holiday

The Tuesday after a three day weekend holiday always seems to feel and look like a Monday when first rising. As caffeine sinks in to give me a boost, I realize it really is Tuesday. And its Task Master Tuesday. My list is full again-of course, when is it not? I'm taking my morning head emptying and then off to shower to get ready. Ready for what? The list, the daunting list. The list that never really goes away. Ahhhh....
I've never been one to create lists, to organize anything, to meet deadlines, etc...It wasn't until I attended Union Institute & University @ Vermont College (now online as opposed to campus stay) that I learned the fine art of prioritizing and making the most of education opportunities, which turned into opportunities in life to not miss out on if they're meant to impact your life. Four years of study, writing, research, more writing....I was being groomed for life after books, turning in papers, waiting to hear what my advisor had to offer with the work I turned in for review. I had tried college academia in the past but with traditional institutions, it just didn't jell for me. Intensive residency sang to my soul, and online learning silently screams for me to return to go the next level. So, I am preparing.
As I sit to continue this post, I get the itch to wrap it up. Sometimes, I catch myself wanting to rush to the end of something, whatever it is that I'm in the midst of working on. I have to pull back a bit to realize that I have to finish what I start with the task at hand. Historically, I've always been a non-finisher. Start something, get to a point where I either loose interest or something new comes along, so I stop where I am and leave it incomplete. Can't do that anymore. It has always left me feeling like something is missing for me. I've never liked that feeling; I would always look for things to fill that void and now its coming alive to tell me to sit up & notice or be taken alive. My life is different now. I'm still me but now I have children. I'm responsible for the upkeep of the "urban homestead." I have my own business, which has been in sleeper mode for the last year and a half. I'm on the verge of 40, and its time to start being the adult I claim I am. And here I am, the Task Master banging out the mental list. Good grief; thank God for college in my 30's.
Let's begin before the day keeps going without me. I don't want to miss this bus.
~Momma

"Delight the world with kindness, grace, & compassion."
-Yogi Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment