"From High Heels to Training Wheels"

I'm a woman on the threshold of 40, a stay-at-home mother, a small business owner, an artist, and practitioner of sustainable living. I believe a woman can be fabulous at any time during the course of her life journey, and wear various hats at any given moment. I invite my readers to stop in, catch up on the latest of what transpires weekly. Various topics to cover, as each day is an adventure!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Another Hot Tuesday in July

Tuesday arrives with rain, wet, heat, and possibly more later today with thunderstorms. Sound like I'm delivering the weather? Not sure that would be for me. I'd look out the window and that would be my forecast for the day. Today's forecast: cloudy with a chance of popcorn. Please be advised to stay indoors, fans/air conditioning running. Watch movies; tomorrow will be a better day. On to the task at hand.
After a weekend of family, baptism for my boys through the local Catholic church, a celebration afterwards; family, fun, laughter and love for a full day. Now its about putting my routine back into place to perform the duties of the domestic executive officer (DEO) or now, as I've found a new book, could also use the title Family Manager. "The Family Manager Takes Charge: Getting on the Fast Track to a Happy, Organized Home." Kathy Peel is the author. I took the boys to the local mall yesterday to get out of the heat. While we were there, I rented a two seater wagon for the boys to ride in, we had pretzel bites & lemonade @ the pretzel stand, my big guy got to ride the carousel & a train ride, and found my little man a silver plated piggy bank and toy cars from Sweden. It was a good time to spend not worrying about things getting done. Just me and my boys, enjoying each other's company, finding treasures and having fun. On the way out, is when I found the above titled book. Now, when I can find a $20 book and only pay $3 for it, as long as it has relevance to some part of my life, I will take it. Here's a piece to ponder.
Six Bad Excuses for Clutter (pg 59)

1. Everyone has one, so I must need one, too (It's so unique, I've got to have [keep] it).
2. It may come in handy someday.
3. I'll keep it until I find someone to give it to.
4. I don't have time to sort through my stuff (I fall in this category).
5. If I get rid of things, I'm throwing money away.
6. I don't know where to start (I hit this one, too).
It's like being in rehab and you have to stand up to introduce yourself. "Hi, my name is Gina*, and I'm a clutter bug. I just started the program, and I hope to find freedom from my things." I have a tab on the page listing "The Ten Clutter Commandments." I'm in this for the long haul.
Laundry is started, trying to find a slow cooker meal for tonight's dinner, and posting my thoughts so I can move forward into my day with my boys. We are going to watch a couple of movies, have snacks, and relax. What else do you do when the day is rainy, wet, hot, and sticky? The park and the lake are out of the question. This year, with all the rain, our mosquito population is in boom. Sadly, our bat populations have declined due to White-nose Syndrome. I'd do anything for a few bats to come and eat these pests. Tried to convince my mate to make a bat box to bring the critters in to work, but with the wide eyed look I got, I take that as a no.
So ladies, when the weather morphs into a strange creature, find the humor to keep from melting into your sofa. Afterall, if you live in New England, this won't last. ~Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment