"From High Heels to Training Wheels"

I'm a woman on the threshold of 40, a stay-at-home mother, a small business owner, an artist, and practitioner of sustainable living. I believe a woman can be fabulous at any time during the course of her life journey, and wear various hats at any given moment. I invite my readers to stop in, catch up on the latest of what transpires weekly. Various topics to cover, as each day is an adventure!

Friday, July 22, 2011

Catching Up And Diving In

Wow, can you say its been a week? We downgraded our cable services, as we are looking and cutting into our budget these days; there's always a way or more to save money, and when it comes to needs vs wants, making the decision and following through can be groundbreaking. With other ways to watch shows we like or find new ones to follow, its not as bad as I projected it to be. Its amazing what you can live without. Personally, I have to admit, I'm hooked on tv. Not addicted but I could be denying that. When I don't have access to tv, it doesn't bother me. When I do, and its a full package to watch anything under the sun, look out. I could sit for days, in a daze. With changing our cable package, I can take it or leave it. The kids watch a couple of shows on VPT (Vermont Public Television) or a show on NetFlix. I catch something I like when I can. Otherwise, we're outside or sometimes listening to music. Change is good.
Tuesday, my Task Master day, was met with the usual go-get 'em attitude. Lists made, things done. Wednesday was hot death, as was yesterday. OMG....today is projected to be another hot one but down in humidity %'s from the last couple of days. Thankfully. Today is more about getting caught up with things but keeping our frame of Friday mind-going with the flow of the day. Days at the park and then diving into the kiddie pool have been great ways to get my boys to fall asleep by 9 pm at the latest and sleep most, if not all night. Can't complain about that. I'm also exhausted by the end of the day but I think it might be more heat related than not. So it goes.
I'm back into journaling, as I've been embarking on an online study these past eight weeks. A real eye-opening experience for me. Memories, questions, thoughts, fears, contemplation. Some things I've not wanted to re-examine but with time, it is paying off. Time to put the bags on the curb, open them, decide what really needs to be let go of, and move on with life. Yesterday, I set up my traveling easel on the back porch, next to my preschooler's easel. In the process of organizing the garage, I could only find two canvases that have already been stretched and treated (with paint typical for setting canvas to be worked upon), so I grabbed them and set one on my easel. With only oil pastels at my fingertips, I snapped those up and started working. My focus is the large red maple that sits in the very center of our backyard. There's something about that tree I just love. Not sure what it is but perhaps I'll discover that along the way.
So, here's to catching up and diving into the weekend to come. I can't believe its Friday already and wondering if other moms/women have those moments when you wonder where the time goes. Time waits for no one, therefore, its good to live and appreciate the priceless moments. Have a great day and fabulous weekend! ~Momma

"A tree is known by its fruit;
a man by his deeds.
A good deed is never lost;
he who sows courtesy reaps friendship,
and he who plants kindness gathers love."

-St. Basil (329-379)

No comments:

Post a Comment