"From High Heels to Training Wheels"

I'm a woman on the threshold of 40, a stay-at-home mother, a small business owner, an artist, and practitioner of sustainable living. I believe a woman can be fabulous at any time during the course of her life journey, and wear various hats at any given moment. I invite my readers to stop in, catch up on the latest of what transpires weekly. Various topics to cover, as each day is an adventure!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Break in the Cycle

Thursday with showers-I'll take it. After three consecutive days of gardening, I'm ready to shift gears and put my focus elsewhere. I love to be outside, as do my boys; I'm grateful for having children who are versatile with life. Of course, there are those times when they give a shout that they're not willing to follow but I have to remember: they are under the age of 5 and to expect adult-sized adventures out of them at this time is like asking for the Old Man in New Hampshire to jump back up on the mountain. Anyone familiar with this last statement, you know what I'm talking about.
Today is a day for organizing, purging, and preparing. Right now, breakfast, play, catching the news, and writing this post prepares me for the day. I've jotted down my short list of things to cover today, with the knowledge that it could all change in a heartbeat. Last week, I touched on the topic of a quick clean sweep in a room of the home. For me, it was a drive by in the kitchen. It worked out well, to say. No more microwave, more organized counter space, a little bead on the junk drawer, and my kitchen table still begs for clearance. Ok, not everything runs smoothly but this is reality. Don't flake out; just push forward. I think we all go through those times when mail, projects, etc find their way to the kitchen table and somehow think that's a permanent home. My house doesn't resemble an episode from Hoarders but is not a picture in a magazine. My house is lived in. There are days when I look around and wonder where all the kids went after destroying a room; I then remember that I have two kids and no, we didn't invite five of their friends over for a house wrecking party.
Today, my garage calls out to me; I also have designs on the master & kids' bedrooms. For the time being, after my final cup of coffee, I'll start in the bedrooms. The garage can wait for a couple of hours yet. Purging, cleaning, organizing; something once foreign to me has now become a sort of obsession. Why do I have all this stuff? What am I going to do with it? Who can benefit from it other than myself? Am I really benefiting from possessing? Donation, give aways, tag sale possibly in August when the college students come in for the new semester; these are the ideas I have in mind. Some things are benefit to my kids for education purposes, some focused on my sleeping business, and others for the benefit of sustainable living. Its just a matter of discovering what is of true purpose to myself and others.
So, here's to Thursday's possibilities and what the day could become. Ladies, stay vigilent to your goals today; and remember, there is always room for last minute changes. ~Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment