"From High Heels to Training Wheels"

I'm a woman on the threshold of 40, a stay-at-home mother, a small business owner, an artist, and practitioner of sustainable living. I believe a woman can be fabulous at any time during the course of her life journey, and wear various hats at any given moment. I invite my readers to stop in, catch up on the latest of what transpires weekly. Various topics to cover, as each day is an adventure!

Friday, June 24, 2011

TGIF

Not sure why I'd be thankful its finally Friday; not like I have a out of the home job with banker's hours. Maybe its just in my system after all the years I have worked out of the home for someone else. Now my employers are about knee to waist high, change the rules constantly, and give me the look of "Whatta ya mean you didn't know?" My title is Mom. Demands all day; no smoke breaks-not that I smoke but I figured to throw that in there-plenty of overtime. Vacation doesn't exist. The last time I had a actual vacation from work was back in 2002 just before I started my undergrad adventure. Ten beautiful days of sun, relaxing by the creek, hanging with friends who now travel up and down the east coast as a gift of retirement, and letting all the things needed to be taken care of go for the time being. Oh, the days.....
Today, I write about books and wine. Being the hour it is, I'm not going to sip wine and talk about books. Coffee is my iv. Wine. I love wine. I was never one for it while in my 20's but when I reached the threshold of 30, along with a change in the view on my life, my taste changed a bit. I still love a good beer now and then, especially if its a microbrew. Locally made, makes for the perfect moment of knowing just where your beverage came from. Wine. Years ago, I picked up a book about wine tasting. How it works, how to do it, etc....read it, loved it. I've tasted wines from around the world. Some good, some to pass over. I've had cheap wines, and some middle of the road types. Don't believe I've done the top shelf stuff but there's always room to do so, if its meant to be. I personally love looking for discontinued wines. If it didn't do well for sales in a market, they discount and practically throw it out the door. That's when I make my move. Recently, I found two great flavors that I absolutely love. Discontinued. One white, one red. Romeo-the red, and Juliet-the white. Juliet is gone; great wine to add to recipes and to sip slowly. Romeo is open; also a good pairing for meals and a real slow sipper. Reds are my favorite-personally a Merlot girl but it stains my lips. If it comes in a unique bottle, I save it to clean and reuse for homemade vinegars, etc...The company's link for R & J is @ the end of this post for those curious about these yummy discontinued wines.
Currently, I'm part of an online study. Women, books, and exploration of the past. Yikes. I wasn't looking to get into something like this but it came to me and I knew I had to undertake it. Eye opening, awakening. I'm also reading three other books while working on this 10 week study. Spiritual awakening. I'm on my EAT-PRAY-LOVE adventure. Ten spiritually inspiring books to discover and read. I've discovered my ten, composed my list, and working on them as they come to me. Not prioritizing what to read when; letting it come into place as it should. See my list posted below for reference; I'm posting my list as I read, so you won't see a complete list until later on.
Today I'm going with the flow. Not sure exactly what my boys and I will venture into but with a small list of possibilities, we will go where it takes us. Another day of rain keeps us from gardens and poolside fun but it doesn't stop us from enjoying what life has to offer. Afterall, I'm Mom.

"If we fear loss enough, in the end the things we possess will come to possess us."
-Rachel Naomi Remen, MD "Kitchen Table Wisdom"

~Momma

www.pazzione.com

No comments:

Post a Comment