"From High Heels to Training Wheels"

I'm a woman on the threshold of 40, a stay-at-home mother, a small business owner, an artist, and practitioner of sustainable living. I believe a woman can be fabulous at any time during the course of her life journey, and wear various hats at any given moment. I invite my readers to stop in, catch up on the latest of what transpires weekly. Various topics to cover, as each day is an adventure!

Monday, August 1, 2011

Is It Really Monday Again?

Monday comes again; the sun is peaking through the overcast, the promise of a good day laced with the potential for storms. Ok, we'll take what we can get out of it today. Lots happening here, and the mental list is going into sketch mode immediately. August homeschool schedule-yeah, I'm a day behind already, the final week of my online study, two books on my spiritually inspired list finished, my research & writing mode coming back into my life-a little lighter this time, as opposed to diving in without a life jacket, and researching tantrums in the preschooler. And yes, my house in need of a good clean; I have to wonder how it is that Monday comes with a chore list that adds to the one I already have set up. Sometimes, I feel Monday is an unwanted houseguest but today I'm seeing that it will help me process what I need to, mentally. A good sort of meditation, I guess.
Kitchen Table Wisdom is finally complete. A great read, even with the heaviness of the contents. I needed to read this at this time in my life. With the passing of my grandmother, which I mentioned in a previous post, this book and its stories have helped put a perspective on what happened for my grandmother. I could use the word closure, but I feel that with the passing of loved ones, closure doesn't come for quite some time. We need to mourn, to grieve. Its a normal part of the process of living; just like dying is a part of living. The life cycle needs to be honored, to see the sacredness in life. In the midst of mourning on my part, I'm seeing the importance of family, how to rise above age old quarrels, and working on a better tomorrow to let things go that cannot be changed. Why hang onto all that baggage?
August is here, bringing with it the change in the air. I love this time of the year, and as it goes into the months of September, October, and November. The air is different; not quite the thick humidity of July, and not quite ready to become iceberg cold. Perfect. Our second round of gardening is already underway, and lots of landscaping is happening in the front yard. This is also a perfect time to spend at least half the day at the parks, drinking in what Nature has to offer as she changes from blasting heat to a bit more forgiving sunshine and blue skies.
My mind is not quite a fog at this point, making it a good opportunity for an exit. I'm looking forward to finishing my third spiritually inspired book, one on meditation, and then taking a small break with a piece of fiction. Contemplate, meditate, live each day without beating myself over the head about what didn't get done or how imperfect things are. Its a work in progress. The birds are calling, a shower needed, and a jump into this new month. Cheers! ~Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment