"From High Heels to Training Wheels"

I'm a woman on the threshold of 40, a stay-at-home mother, a small business owner, an artist, and practitioner of sustainable living. I believe a woman can be fabulous at any time during the course of her life journey, and wear various hats at any given moment. I invite my readers to stop in, catch up on the latest of what transpires weekly. Various topics to cover, as each day is an adventure!

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thursday with a Chance of Clouds

Cloudy this morning. That's ok. We can make do, or is that make due? I've often heard the expression but don't recall ever seeing it written down or typed, etc...another one of those hillbilly verbal expressions, perhaps. Not sure what it will do today but with that aside, we will pursue the day just the same. School, projects, fun, and just being in the moment. Oh yeah, gotta finish the laundry by giving it a good fluff n' fold. Time given, maybe a flat iron.
Right now, I'm trying to plan dinner for tonight. Using local ingredients, with the exception of maybe a spice or two, I'm planning Rosemary Chicken, Grilled Summer Squash (yellow & zucchini), and some type of grain side of either Millet or Quinoa. Haven't figured that piece out yet. Still looking. The chicken and the squash I can do on the grill, taking the heat out of the kitchen, and do the grain stovetop. I'll post the recipes tomorrow while my slow cooker meal is starting.
I had an epiphany of sorts yesterday afternoon. Something that didn't sit well with me at the time. I had to journal about it for a few mins just to get it off my back. As of tomorrow, I will be starting researching, reading, and writing again. My first topic is homeschooling/parenting. What does it mean to be a mom who desires to homeschool her children? What type of parent makes this kind of decision? Is there room to be a parent and a teacher? Can you separate the two, or is it unique to be both? What types of learning styles are there for the children involved, and what type of teaching styles for the parents? Who's who in the curriculum world for materials to teach? How does your ability to teach affect your ability to parent, and does it? Just some questions to ponder. I feel like I'm back in college again, sketching blueprints for the house I'm about to work on for the next six months of study. Once my sketch is down, then I can start clearing the space where the foundation will go. As I read, the plans may change a bit, adding or subtracting to create a uniqueness to what I'm embarking on; keeping in mind to keep the foundation strong, or the walls will crack and the house of the future will not be supported properly. This will most definitely be an adventure.
So, back to recipe hunting for my dinner. My boys are eating breakfast, I'm ready for a shower, and we have the day ahead of us. I believe there's some room for some gardening today, and as we set up some bean sprouts yesterday, we will start some more corn today. Cucumbers and tomatillos are doing well out there, as are my herbs. I found poppies growing in my preschooler's first raised bed box, which was cool to find. Next year, we'll have a bigger bed for him to work with and pass the small box down to his brother, who's already showing interest in dirt. Of course, it could all change, but I'll remain optimistic.
Have a great one today! ~Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment