"From High Heels to Training Wheels"

I'm a woman on the threshold of 40, a stay-at-home mother, a small business owner, an artist, and practitioner of sustainable living. I believe a woman can be fabulous at any time during the course of her life journey, and wear various hats at any given moment. I invite my readers to stop in, catch up on the latest of what transpires weekly. Various topics to cover, as each day is an adventure!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Menus, Gardens, and Such

Rain. Finally. I've been waiting for this since sometime last week, and we finally get some. Not raining at the moment but waking up to wet ground, means watered plants. If it dries out a bit today, I can work in the gardens, as this is my planned week to do so. Otherwise, I can rough sketch my plans for the gardens, and focus elsewhere.
Today, I start working on a new weekly menu format. Type it up in Word, and then print off to post on the fridge. It will also have any grocery needs posted on the same paper, thus eliminating excess paper postings on the fridge. More space, less waste. Sounds like this fits in with my organizing bit? Yeah, I guess it does. Another tidbit of organizing ideas.
Speaking of organizing, I've mapped out the next three weeks to work on areas in need of attention. Gardens, finishing things and late crops starts. I'm a woman who likes to sew, and my sewing is in desparate need of work. And last but not least, that damn garage. That's all I'm going to say about that. August is a busy one.
Today is our Mellow Monday when it comes to school stuff. Weather pending, we would be at the park today but I think today may have to be a rainy day special. We have a bowling set, among some other things we can do for indoor activities. We haven't had a rainy day play day in a while now.
My mind is already working on the reading I've started. Parenting, homeschooling, all while encompassing the rest of my life. Its always busy here. Hardly a day goes by without feeling overwhelmed or wondering how more stuff gets added to the seemingly never ending "To Do List." I suppose, with more organization and time, it will all come together.
My boys are finishing breakfast, which is the signal for me to sign off and grab a quick shower before diving into the day with them. So, here's to menu planning, organizing, more planning, fun and play, ideas and tasks.....~Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment