"From High Heels to Training Wheels"

I'm a woman on the threshold of 40, a stay-at-home mother, a small business owner, an artist, and practitioner of sustainable living. I believe a woman can be fabulous at any time during the course of her life journey, and wear various hats at any given moment. I invite my readers to stop in, catch up on the latest of what transpires weekly. Various topics to cover, as each day is an adventure!

Friday, August 19, 2011

We're Almost There

Its Friday. After almost a full week of sorting through my life, which has been in boxes stacked in the garage for the last 4 mos, I'm ready to be done for a little bit. I've been devoting roughly two hrs a day, since Sunday, to this project. I've weeded through boxes and bags of scraps and have accumulated three large lawn and leave bags of things to hit the trash. Nine bags of donations, and a box of books so far that I really don't know what to do with. The idea of creating a book swap page through Facebook is tempting; is there anyone who still enjoys a book in its original form, even if you own an e-book? Food for thought, I suppose.
We've had good weather for the last two days, resulting in trips out of the house to burn off some pent up energy. Not sure what is in store for us today, so we'll take it on the fly. Better to be open-minded on a day when the best events are four hrs of driving in the car; if my boys were more travel ready, we'd already be on the road. Next week, with the heavy duty garage purging aside, we'll be taking the days as they come and enjoying them as fully as we can. I don't want my boys to think that life as an adult is all work and no play; they know mom is doing things, but not quite sure why I'm running from one spot to the next. Right now, the fascination with fixing the vacuum cleaner and helping with sweeping seems to be fun for them.
Next week's menu is already in rough draft; I've picked stuff from the new kids cookbook we have. I just have to put it in Word and print off to hang up. And yes, I will take a picture so my readers can have a peek. I've been thinking about how pictures will enhance what I write about here, and its coming to that time to move ahead and do so. I have done so with my three other blogs in the past, so why not now with this one? I have improvements to do with this page, set up my Google +, and a few other things as well. I have ideas, I just have to sketch them out on paper, put time lines on them with how much work needs to be done, and move forward. Dreaming is great but the real work is what makes it manifest.
Speaking of work, my mate is in process to finish putting new roof shingles down on the house; he did the garage last year, and so far this year, he's done half the house. I'll be glad when this project is done; we still have the backyard to fence in, gardens to improve upon, chickens to add to our urban homestead, and a new backporch to put on. We're extending the porch, and hopefully adding the purgala (not sure if the spelling is correct there) I've been requesting. By the time year five hits for us to be here, this place will look so different from when we first got here. And yes, that's my intentions.
So there, it is. My spun gold for the day. Off to enjoy the day, making the most of it, watching my boys learn and grow, and capturing life's priceless moments to hold close to my heart. The weekend has the promise of sun with the closing of showers; we'll take it. ~Momma

Spinning Straw into Gold August 19

"Stories are medicine....They have such power; they do not require that we do, be, act anything-we need only listen. The remedies for repair or reclamation of any lost psychic drive are contained in stories." -Clarissa Pinkola Estes, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment