"From High Heels to Training Wheels"

I'm a woman on the threshold of 40, a stay-at-home mother, a small business owner, an artist, and practitioner of sustainable living. I believe a woman can be fabulous at any time during the course of her life journey, and wear various hats at any given moment. I invite my readers to stop in, catch up on the latest of what transpires weekly. Various topics to cover, as each day is an adventure!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

It's Been a Busy One

Today is blue skies and sunshine after two days of rain and clouds; its been good for the gardens, and good for focusing on other areas of life that need attention. Today, we are shifting gears and diving into the day to enjoy what we've waited for: warmth from the sun and the feel of grass under our feet.
Tuesday's Task Master day was a good one. I've been working on the garage organization since Sunday, and it has felt good to do so. Several bags and boxes have been gone through to clean out, make decisions, and throw out. I'm up to two full large garbage bags to kick to the curb at this time. A temporary place for my business stuff, mostly supplies for my product making, has been secured. Its taking shelter in the section where the garden and landscaping stuff will go until I move that a bit to set up our stockpile. Everything will shift to find its place, boxes labeled and set up for easy access, making it so much easier to get into stuff, continue to sort through and watch everything change. Its change in a big way. And change is good.
Our weekly meal menu is complete, hanging and its one more thing done on my task list. Its so nice to see it up, with the little shopping list of items that we may not have that are needed for the meals they are designated for. If its on sale, we stock up, putting aside for another meal. For the next two weeks, after this one is over, we're doing meals focused on kids being able to help in the kitchen; I hope my preschooler has fun with it. We'll see what's left for the meal once he's taste tested! We made brownies yesterday, and he loved them-my guy who doesn't like chocolate. Go figure.
I have a dentist appointment later today, so we've changed the schedule up for yesterday and today; that also feels good to be able to move things around and go with the flow of those changes. Better than feeling overwhelmed by sudden changes.
Speaking of changes, I did some research yesterday for writing opportunities. I have a list, and a good one at that. Deadlines way out, giving me time to work on those subjects and turn them over for review before submitting. It feels good to write again. I've also been working on my reading, which right now has been about parenting. Ladies and gentlemen, there is no manual for kids when you bring them home, and there is no manual for parenting. I'm learning that it is trial and error, that you won't always get it right, and don't be afraid to make mistakes. It's not an exact science, and it wasn't meant to be. Advice, ideas, and tips are good but not to be taken like they are written in stone; each family and the children in them are different. Call it the holistic approach to living; what works for you and your family is what works for YOU and YOUR FAMILY. I am working on this subject for the next month, at least getting into it and working on my own parenting and family atmosphere; how can you speak about something if you are not living it? Live your values, walk your walk to be able to talk your talk.
And yes, I'm taking a break today. No garage organizing, no research topic reading. Play, fun, and after the kids go to bed, hopefully doing some reading on meditation; something else I'm currently working on these days. Tomorrow, I'm back in the trenches, making a go at that place called a garage, making time for the garden, spending those priceless moments with my boys. Life is good. ~Momma

Taking On Quite A Task August 17th

"To live fully, outwardly and inwardly, not to ignore external reality for the sake of the inner life, or the reverse-that's quite the task." -Etty Hillesum

No comments:

Post a Comment