"From High Heels to Training Wheels"

I'm a woman on the threshold of 40, a stay-at-home mother, a small business owner, an artist, and practitioner of sustainable living. I believe a woman can be fabulous at any time during the course of her life journey, and wear various hats at any given moment. I invite my readers to stop in, catch up on the latest of what transpires weekly. Various topics to cover, as each day is an adventure!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wednesday with Sinus Pressure

The sun is shining, my boys are eating breakfast, and I'm working through a sinus headache. Despite the last piece of info, we are pushing ahead with our day. Another day of gardening and the pool. Maybe a trip to the park. And its our creative day. Back to the Preschooler's Busy Book for ideas.
Last night's dinner was not too shabby. Ginger chicken one pot meal, with a salad containing mandarin oranges, avocado, dried cranberries, and dressing made from yogurt, orange juice, a sprinkle of nutmeg and a dash of vinegar. Making meals seems so much easier to get back into a routine of setting up a menu, changing days around if necessary, and not hitting the panic button as to what to make to feed the crew. It also maps out if we need an ingredient I don't readily have on hand. Recently, with food prices rising, learning what couponing is really all about, we've been stocking up on items. Coupons, sales, even finding clearance items that we would normally pass up on due to full price. I even pushed the issue when my mate came home without picking up the necessary amount of english muffins to get the sale price; he's going back to the store tonight on his way home to get the sale price and some popcorn-I pop on the stove-with the refunded money. If I can benefit from a sale, I'm on it. If I'm paying full price, it better be top quality. Gotta save where you can save; it makes budgeting easier.
I have a confession to make. I'm a recycle/reduce/reuse kind of gal. We have a drop off center here in town, a place to take your garage, recyling, yard scraps, etc....There's a little shed that attracts all kinds of treasures and the people who look for them. I've found everything from books, school supplies (especially homeschool curriculum), planting boxes and trays, even a small chicken house. Yesterday, I found "Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy," by Sarah Ban Breathnach. Nice piece. The ribbon page marker was on June 27, talking about herbs, connecting to earth when working with the plants in the garden. How appropriate. I was in the garden when I pulled the book to flip through it.
So, I've given my readers my dinner plans, creative day ideas, garden passion, and confessed to my attraction to sales and recycling. And with that, I give you today's Simple Abundance as food for thought. ~Momma

Calling Forth Our Gifts August 10

"You long to call forth your gifts. To explore your talents. To discover and recover your creativity. But where do you begin? You begin by offering an open heart and a willingness to serve." -Saran Ban Breathnach

"Do not weep; do not wax indignant. Understand." -Baruch Spinoza

No comments:

Post a Comment