"From High Heels to Training Wheels"

I'm a woman on the threshold of 40, a stay-at-home mother, a small business owner, an artist, and practitioner of sustainable living. I believe a woman can be fabulous at any time during the course of her life journey, and wear various hats at any given moment. I invite my readers to stop in, catch up on the latest of what transpires weekly. Various topics to cover, as each day is an adventure!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thursday Starts With Wonder

My boys are still asleep as I start this post. They slept all night. Chamomile tea from lunch til just after dinner, Celtic harp & Native American flute music while reading a couple of stories while reclined in bed. Both down and out by 9:15 pm. We did garden and were poolside during the day until it rained, so that may have helped as well. I like the idea of the tea and the music at night. It was nice to sleep all night, even if I woke a bit to listen.
Today is my garden day, of which I will be putting in radishes, carrots, turnips, beets, salad mix. After that, it will go back to cleaning, pruning, weeding. I'm hoping by the weekend, I can transplant what's left and then settle into maintenance and harvest. I'm already sketching in my mind the ideas for next year that I have coming along. Time to put it onto paper? Perhaps.
The sun is shining and the skies are blue. I'm itching to get out there and enjoy the day. I'm also filled with the idea of what I've mapped out for the next couple of weeks and hoping to really make a dent in things around here. I know next week, its all about the garage and organizing. I have started several times, resulting in a pile that needs attention to weed through. Just a box or a bag or two has become a few boxes and a few bags that need to be gone through and decisions made. I'm coming to that point in my life where I'm ready to put aside the concern for the things not taken care of and really enjoying the life in front of me. Interesting how you can become so consumed by the things not taken care of, the things that pile up and seem like it will never go away. I'm not one to just throw things in the trash; to me, there's a place for everything, and everything should be in its place. If I can't use it or don't have time or don't remember the purpose behind why I have it, then there's got to be someone who can benefit from it. I want to teach my boys that you just don't throw stuff out; you make sure that if it still has use, then it has a place to go. Use what you can, share what you don't need.
So, here's to Thursday and wondering at the beauty of it. ~Momma

Second Thoughts August 11

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it;
Boldness has genius, power and magic in it."
-Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Today you realize how blessed you are.
-Sarah Ban Breathnach

No comments:

Post a Comment